Do you have questions about schools, enrollment, accreditation, or something else? Brows the list of commonly asked questions below. You'll find answers to your questions about WAY.
- What is WAY?
- How did WAY start?
- Is WAY private or for-profit?
- How do I enroll my child?
- Is WAY accredited?
- Are WAY teachers certified?
- What grades does WAY serve?
- What tools or materials do I need to be in WAY?
- Do I have to go to a building every day?
- How long does it take to graduate?
- How do I earn credit for courses at WAY?
- What does my first day look like?
- Do you have a prom, team sports, etc.?
- Do you have a graduation ceremony?
WAY was founded in 2009 to provide a personalized, project-based, and competency-assessed learning experience for all students. WAY was created to to align with emerging trends in education involving integrating 21st Century skills, competency-based assessment, and the works of prominent voices in education.
WAY is an AdvancEd accredited organization, meeting their high standards of education. AdvancEd represents 34,000 public and private schools and districts across the United States and in 65 countries worldwide. See our Accreditation page for more information.
No. All of our WAY schools are blended schools where you work online and in-person throughout the week. Each WAY school has a requirement for how many days and hours each student must attend in school.
Students work online and offline - reading books, conducting science experiments, collaborating with other students, and watching instructional videos.
The curriculum at WAY is focused on demonstrating national and state standards. Certified teachers grade your work to determine which standards you met. The curriculum is cross-curricular, giving you an opportunity to earn credit in more than one course at the same time. As you demonstrate the national and state standards, you make progress in the course and earn credit.