Engaging And Encouraging
At WAY, we believe learning should be engaging and encouraging to students. It should encourage self-esteem, independence, and develop 21st century skills. Our approach is built on three core components.
Project Based Learning
Students explore authentic, engaging, and real-world problems.
Competency Based Learning
Students progress by mastering learning standards in their courses.
Blended & Online Learning
Students work online, blended, and in-person courses.
At WAY, we offer different models while staying true to our core beliefs. There are four core models for our schools. All of our models share some key features:
- Diploma - Students are on a path towards a high school diploma
- Small class sizes - In-person classes average 10 - 15 students
- Mentoring - Mentors monitor students progress
- Team Leader support - Team Leaders removes any barriers to learning
- HERO - Students and parents can use HERO to access the curriculum and grading
WAY partners with local school districts to offer our program for their students.
WAY manages blended public charter schools for grades 6-12.
WAY manages an online public charter school for grades 6-12.
WAY American School
WAY partners with private schools to provide an American diploma in the student's native country.
To help our students see learning differently, we use different words for traditional school terms.
- Projects - Coursework
- Mentor - Learning coach
- Expert - Certified teacher, online & in-person
- Researcher - Student
- Team Leader - Student learning advocate
- Lab - School classroom